A traditional Wisconsin beverage of Southern Comfort, a bitter-sweet mix, and a splash of lemon-lime soda served with maraschino cherries. This can be made with a few different liquors and either sweet or sour soda.
-By David Strommen
2 oz (double shot) Southern Comfort (or Whiskey or Brandy)
1 oz (single shot) Old Fashioned Mix
7-up or Sprite for “Sweet” (or Squirt for “Sour”)
Maraschino Cherries (or Olives)
- Fill a 12-oz glass with ice.
- Add Southern Comfort and Old Fashioned mix.
- Fill with sweet soda (7-up or Sprite).
- Put three cherries on a stick and add to top of drink.
- If you order this drink at a bar, you would ask for a “Southern Comfort Old Fashioned Sweet”. You can also substitute squirt in which case you would say “Sour”, or you could have Whiskey or Brandy instead of Southern Comfort.