Strips of beef tenderloin marinated in a sweet and smoky marinade and dehydrated into beef jerky.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 lbs beef tenderloin (can use cheaper beef, but this is best)
1 5-oz bottle liquid smoke
3 cups soy sauce
3 cups brown sugar
- Cut meat into ½-inch strips.
- Mix liquid smoke, soy sauce, and brown sugar well.
- Submerge meat strips in the marinade. Refrigerate and let marinate for 3 hours.
- Remove meat strips from marinade, allowing excess liquid to drip off. Use all trays available for your electric food dehydrator so the meat is able to spread out.
- Dehydrate for 9-12 hours or until desired dryness. You may need to switch the order of trays during drying to dry evenly.