Slices of potatoes covered in a batter, deep fried, and served with ranch dressing for dipping.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 Idaho potatoes, boiled and cold (make a day before and refrigerate)
4 cups Krusteaz Complete pancake batter mix (Buttermilk or Regular)
1 ½ cups lukewarm water
- Heat deep-fat fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a pie plate or shallow bowl, mix pancake batter and water together. Do not over mix.
- Cut the potatoes into ½-inch slices. Dip one potato slice in the batter at a time, coating each side and using the lip of the pie plate to wipe away the excess batter. Drop the potato slice into the fryer.
- Repeat with each potato slice. Let the potato cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the batter starts to brown.
- Line a cake pan with paper towel. Remove potato slices from fryer with a pair of tongs and set them on the paper towel. Sprinkle with seasoned salt while they’re still oily.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.