A sweet and and moist banana bread, great any time of year.
-By Julie (Peterson) Strommen
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to ¾ cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last; mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8-inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.