Gooey biscuits coated in cinnamon, sugar and butter, and filled with cream cheese. This is then topped with nuts and baked in the oven.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 8-oz pkg cream cheese
2 7.5-oz cans refrigerated biscuits (10 count)
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a Bundt pan with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over low heat, stirring well; set aside.
- Cut the cream cheese into 20 equal cubes. Press the biscuits out with your fingers and sprinkle each with ½ teaspoon of cinnamon sugar. Place a cube of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit, wrapping and sealing the dough around the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of the nuts into the bottom of the Bundt pan. Place half of the prepared biscuits in the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, pour half of the melted butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle on ½ cup of nuts.
- Layer the remaining biscuits on top, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar, pour the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits, and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place a plate on top and invert. Serve warm.