Salmon tacos layered with jasmine rice, black beans, and a salsa of cucumbers, green onions, orange zest, lime juice, orange, tomato, cilantro, and jalepenos, all served in flour tortillas!
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
½ lb salmon filet
Salt and ground pepper
½ cup diced peeled English cucumber
2 Tbsp thinly sliced green onion
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 large navel orange, cut into small pieces
1 large tomato, diced
2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp minced jalepeno chili
4 soft flour tortillas
1 cup romaine lettuce
1 cup jasmine rice
1 can seasoned black beans
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the skin from the salmon. Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon in a baking pan in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until fish flakes apart.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together cucumbers, green onions, orange zest, lime juice, orange, tomato, cilantro, and jalepenos.
- When salmon is finished, flake apart into small pieces and serve in a bowl.
- Assemble tacos at table combining fish, fruit salsa, lettuce, beans and rice.