An oven-roasted lamb leg covered in a garlic, paprika, salt, pepper, and rosemary rub, and basted with orange marmalade.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp pepper
1 5- to 6-lb leg of lamb
1 18-oz jar orange marmalade
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Trim fat from lamb. Make 12 deep slits on outside of lamb; rub paprika mixture into slits and over entire surface of lamb.
- Place on a rack in a roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer, making sure it does not touch fat or bone. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Baste with orange marmalade. Bake an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees (medium), basting frequently with orange marmalade.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yields 8 servings.