Beef chuck roast, rubbed with dill, salt, and pepper and slow cooked in cider vinegar for 8 hours. Served with a creamy dill sauce on either a bed of rice or on a sandwich bun. This is one of Carrie’s favorite slow-cooker meals.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
2 tsp dill weed, divided
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 boneless chuck roast, 2 ½ lbs
¼ cup water
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup cold water
1 cup sour cream
½ tsp browning sauce, optional
hot cooked rice or a sandwich bun
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp dill, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over both sides of roast. Place in a 3-quart slow cooker.
- Add water and vinegar. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Remove meat and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining dill; stir in cold water until smooth. Gradually stir into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in sour cream and browning sauce if desired; heat through.
- Slice meat. Serve with sour cream sauce over a bed of rice or on a sandwich bun.