Inspired by a chicken philly sandwich, this casserole is made with chicken, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and provolone cheese.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
½ bag Creamette egg noodles
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups chopped chicken
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped green peppers
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2/3 soup can full of milk
1 13.25-oz can mushrooms, drained
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles according to package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a a medium-sized frying pan, cook the chicken in the olive oil. When chicken is cooked through, add in green peppers and onions and cook until just tender.
- In a casserole dish, mix together cream of mushroom soup and milk using a whisk until creamy. Then add garlic and seasoned salt and stir until well blended. Stir in chicken with green peppers and onions, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Mix in cooked noodles. Level out top and pack down so it’s flat. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top evenly.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 45 minutes.