Homemade Ravioli noodles filled with chicken, spinach, onion, Asiago cheese, garlic and nutmeg, and served with marinara or Alfredo sauce (or both!).
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 eggs, beaten
¾ cup water
3 ¾ cups sifted flour
1 ½ tsp salt
½ lb ground chicken
¾ cup chopped fresh spinach
2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
3 Tbsp melted butter
3 Tbsp grated Asiago cheese
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 16-oz jar marinara (or Alfredo sauce)
¼ cup grated Asiago cheese for the top
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, water, 2 cups flour, and salt. Gradually mix in the remaining flour until smooth. Divide dough into 2 parts. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground chicken until evenly brown; drain.
- In a food processor, mix the chicken, spinach and onion. Transfer to a bowl and mix with butter, 3 Tbsp Asiago cheese, salt, garlic powder, nutmeg and pepper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each part of the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 2 inch squares. Place about 1 tsp of the chicken mixture in the center of ½ the squares and top with remaining squares. Seal the edges of the squares with a moistened fork to form the ravioli.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, and cook the ravioli in small batches for about 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the marinara sauce in a saucepan and cook until heated through. Serve ravioli topped with marinara sauce and remaining Asiago cheese.