A pie filled with ground beef, green pepper, onion, American cheese, and tomato sauce, and topped with French-fried onions.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
1 deep dish ritz pie crust
1 lb lean ground beef
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup chopped onion
½ tsp seasoned salt
8 slices American cheese cut into small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 3-oz can French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake shell for 8 minutes.
- In a large skillet combine meat, green pepper, onion and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat browns. Pour off fat.
- Add cheese; stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in eggs and tomato sauce. Turn into shell and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Arrange onion and cheese on top and bake 2 minutes longer.