Flour tortillas filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, green pepper, onion, and American cheese, served with taco sauce or salsa.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
8 8-inch flour tortillas
8 oz bulk pork sausage
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 medium-size green pepper, chopped
½ cup chopped onion
12 large eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp butter, melted
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
12 slices Kraft American cheese
Taco sauce or salsa (optional)
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil; place on an ungreased baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until heated.
- Brown sausage in a skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and set aside.
- Add potato, green pepper, and onion to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Add eggs, butter, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are firm, but still moist.
- Remove from heat; stir in reserved sausage.
- Work with 1 tortilla at a time, keeping remaining tortillas covered and warm. Place about ¾ cup egg mixture onto each tortilla. Lay 1 1/2 slices of cheese over egg mixture.
- Roll up tightly and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Serve with optional taco sauce or salsa.