This German dish is made of pan-fried pork with a creamy mushroom, onion, and ham sauce made with a touch of sherry.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 pork fillets (approx. each 6 oz)
salt and pepper
3 ½ oz cooked ham, cubed
3 ½ oz mushrooms, sliced
4 tbsp oil
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
3 1/3 oz sherry
5 oz meat broth
3 1/3 oz cream
1 onion, finely chopped
- Wash the meat and dry thoroughly with kitchen paper. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan and when hot fry the Schnitzel on both sides until brown and cooked through. Take the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Fry the finely chopped onion and mushrooms for a couple of minutes. Add the ham. Then add the sherry to the pan and bring to the boil. Then add the meat broth, and cream.
- Heat the sauce through, but do not boil. Lastly add the parsley.
- Serve the sauce with the Schnitzel and enjoy this German recipe.