A mixture of ground beef, onion, green chiles and taco seasoning baked with a biscuit topping, and served with shredded cheddar cheese and tomatoes on top.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
1 lb ground beef
½ cup onion, chopped
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 4-oz can green chiles, chopped
1 ¼ cups milk
¾ cup Bisquick
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease pie plate.
- Cook and stir beef and onions until brown; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Spread in plate. Top with chiles.
- Beat milk, Bisquick and eggs until smooth. Pour into plate so that it’s on top of the meat mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes to cool.