Roundsteak, onions, and potatoes slow-roasted in the oven for three hours with whole, canned tomatoes and a sour cream sauce.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 ½ lb round steak
5 large potatoes
1 32.5-oz can whole tomatoes
1 cup sour cream
Flour for dredging
Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim and pound round steak. Cut in 1-inch squares. Dip in flour and brown in fat.
- Butter an oblong baking dish, about 9×13 inches.
- Peel and slice potatoes and onions. Layer potatoes, onions and meat and season each layer. Repeat.
- Pour whole tomatoes over all.
- Heat cream in pan and scrape out drippings and pour over top.
- Bake 3 hours at 300 degrees.