Cooked cauliflower topped with an onion-dill flavored shrimp cream sauce.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 lb cauliflower
2 cups milk
1 small onion, minced
2 sprigs fresh dill
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground white pepper
2 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
¾ cup heavy cream, whipped
12 whole shrimp, cooked and shelled
2 Tbsp fresh dill, minced
- Trim cauliflower, wash and cook whole in boiling salted water.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. Combine milk, onion and dill. Bring to a boil. Strain milk and keep hot.
- Melt butter and stir in flour. Cook mixture over low heat for 3 minutes. Do not brown.
- Stir hot milk gradually into mixture and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened. Cook 2 minutes longer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add chopped shrimps and cook over very low heat until heated through. Fold whipped cream into sauce.
- Place hot cauliflower on a serving dish and pour sauce over it. Decorate with whole cooked shrimps and minced dill. Serves 4 to 6.