Floured pork chops, pan-fried with sage, and then cooked in white wine with green olives and capers.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
8 medium pork chops
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
6 sage leaves + extra to garnish
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup green olives, pitted
2 Tbsp capers in salt, rinsed
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Dredge the pork chops in the flour, making sure they are well coated.
- Heat the oil with the sage leaves in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chops and sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Pour in the wine and add the olives. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the sauce has thickened slightly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chops to a serving dish. Discard the cooked sage leaves.
- Drizzle the sauce over the chops and garnish with the extra sage leaves. Serve hot.