Chicken, ham and herb-seasoned stuffing slow-cooked for four to six hours with cream of mushroom soup and Swiss cheese.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 10.75-oz can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup milk
4-oz sliced ham
4-oz sliced swiss cheese
1 8-oz pkg herbed dry bread stuffing mix
¼ cup melted butter
- Mix together the cream of chicken soup and milk in a small bowl. Pour enough of the soup into a slow cooker to cover the bottom.
- Layer chicken breasts over the sauce.
- Cover with slices of ham and then Swiss cheese.
- Pour the remaining soup over the layers, stirring a little to distribute between layers.
- Sprinkle the stuffing on top and drizzle butter over stuffing.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or 2-3 hours on high.