Lamb chops, wrapped in bacon and slow-cooked for four to six hours with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions in a cream sauce.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 bacon strips
4 lamb shoulder blade chops, trimmed
2 ¼ cups thinly sliced, peeled potatoes
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
½ tsp dried rosemary, crushed
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
¼ cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 10.75-oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup milk
1 4.5-oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- Wrap bacon around lamb chops; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in 3-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove chops; discard toothpicks and bacon. Drain liquid from slow cooker.
- Add potatoes and carrots; top with lamb chops. Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk; mix well. Add mushrooms. Pour over the chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.