A prime rib roast served medium rare with au jus poured over the top. This is the recipe Christine used at their restaurant, Club 32!
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
1 Boneless prime rib roast, any size cooks the same
Au Jus (click here for recipe)
- Let the meat come to room temperature for about an hour.
- Season all sides of the prime with the onion powder, pepper, and kosher salt to your liking. The amount will vary depending on what size roast you have.
- Place roast in a baking pan, do not cover, and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 1 hour.
- Do not open oven, but shut it off for 30 minutes with the roast still inside.
- Turn the oven back on to 375 degrees and cook the roast for another 30 minutes.
- Remove roast from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice each piece at least 1 1/2 inches thick. Pour Au Jus (follow the link above for Club 32’s recipe) over the top of each piece before serving.