Chicken breast served on a bed of rice and topped with a spinach artichoke topping.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp crushed oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
3 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup diced onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup thawed, squeeze-dried frozen spinach
1 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken on both sides with the lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix together pepper, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder. Season the chicken with the spice mixture. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes (until juices run clear).
- In a frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the artichokes and spinach to the frying pan and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove spinach artichoke mixture from heat and mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Pack 1 cup of hot jasmine rice into a 1-cup measuring cup. Empty onto center of a plate and flatten the rice to about 3/4 inch thick. Set a chicken breast on top of rice, and top with half the spinach artichoke mixture. Repeat with second plate.