Tuna casserole made with mushrooms, lots of cheese, and potato chips.
-By Dave Lennie and By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
½ lb Creamette extra-wide egg noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2/3 soup can full of milk
1 can tuna, drained
1 13.25-oz can mushrooms, drained
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
3 cups crushed potato chips
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook egg noodles according to package. Drain.
- Meanwhile, mix together cream of mushroom soup and milk in a casserole dish using a whisk. Mix in garlic and seasoned salt. Mix in tuna, mushrooms, cheese, and 1 cup crushed potato chips.
- Mix in cooked noodles. Level out top and pack down so it’s flat. Cover with remaining 2 cups of crushed potato chips.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
Note: Try doing half sharp cheddar and half Swiss cheese for an alternative – Dave did this once when we didn’t have enough cheddar in the house and it was delicious!