Cheese tortellini and broccoli baked in a creamy, garlic and onion sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 19-oz package frozen cheese tortellini, cooked and drained
1 16-oz package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 2-oz jar diced pimientos, drained
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup milk
1/3 cup plus ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, broccoli, pimientos and onion; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, sauté garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese until melted. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until hot and bubbly, stirring twice.
- Top with remaining Parmesan. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.