These burgers are made with beef mixed with sausage, onion, egg, apricots, and Rice Krispies and then topped with a sauce made with tomato sauce, corn syrup, and Worcestershire sauce.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
1 can apricot halves
2 Tbsp chopped onion
2 cups Kellogs Rice Krispies
1 lb bulk pork sausage
1/2 lb ground beef
1 8-oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Drain apricots, reserving syrup. Reserve 8 halves of apricots. Chop remaining apricots and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg until foamy. Add onion, apricots, 1/3 cup apricot syrup, and Rice Krispies.
- Add meat. Shape into 8 burgers and place in foil-lined, shallow baking pan.
- Place 1 reserved apricot halp cut-side up on top of each burger, pressing in lightly.
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until thoroughly done.
- Combine tomato sauce, corn syrup, Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup apricot syrup. Simmer over low heat. Serve over burgers.