Spinach, tomatoes, bacon and cheese baked together in layers.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 slices bacon
1 lb fresh spinach
Salt and pepper
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and sliced
¼ lb Swiss cheese, sliced
- Cut bacon into 2-inch pieces. Cook until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Wash fresh spinach; remove tough stems and drain very well. Arrange spinach over bottom of a greased shallow baking and serving dish, about 1 ½-quart. Sprinkle spinach with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer in a decorative pattern over the top of spinach; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange cheese slices between tomato slices to cover spinach.
- Sprinkle bacon over top. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees, for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and spinach is tender. Makes 6 servings.