These pearl onions are sauteed with butter, oil, paprika, and brown sugar and then served over your favorite cut of meat.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
1 12-oz pkg frozen pearl onions
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp brown sugar
- Cook frozen onions according to package directions.
- Heat butter, oil, and paprika in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 tsp brown sugar and heat for 30 seconds.
- Serve with steak, pork chops, or chicken breasts.