Thin layers of potatoes, stacked up and baked in a cream sauce with cheese on top.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
4 medium Yukon potatoes
1 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
2 tsp crushed oregano
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together milk, sour cream, garlic, salt, and oregano.
- Make very thin slices across the width of the potato. Stack the potatoes in greased muffin pan that holds 12 muffins. Make sure the potatoes are lower than the top of the muffin hole.
- Pour even amounts of cream over the stacks of potatoes. Cover the pan with foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Disperse the cheese over the tops of the potatoes, recover with foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut around each potato stack with a knife to help separate from pan. Serve with a touch of oregano sprinkled on top.