Homemade jam made with fresh oranges, rhubarb, and raspberries that is canned for long storage.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
2 ½ cups sugar
1/3 cup water
1 lb rhubarb, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cup raspberries
- Cover washed oranges and lemon with water. Cover and simmer 3 hours. Let fruits stand in water overnight.
- Next day, cut fruits in quarters. Spoon out pulp and save; discard seeds. Cut peel into fine, even slivers.
- Combine pulp, peel, the 1 ½ cups sugar and 1/3 cup water and simmer 45 minutes or until liquid is honey-like in consistency, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine rhubarb, raspberries and the 1 cup sugar. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring. Continue to cook, stirring, until thick.
- Combine rhubarb mixture with orange mixture and mix well. Heat to a full rolling boil. Ladle into hot sterilized glasses and seal. Makes 4 8-oz glasses.