A red Jell-O wreath made with raspberry Jell-O, cranberry sauce, mandarin oranges, celery, and chopped pecans.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
2 3-oz pkgs or 1 6-oz pkg raspberry gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 8-oz can jellied cranberry sauce, mashed
1 cup cold water
1 11-oz can mandarin orange sections, drained
1/4 cup finely diced celery
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix mashed cranberry sauce with 1 cup cold water.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cranberry sauce to gelatin and chill until slightly thickened.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups thickened gelatin into mold. Arrange 10 orange sections and the celery slices in mold, pushing down into wreath designs.
- Dice remaining orange sections and add to remaining gelatin with diced celery and pecans; spoon into mold.
- Chill until firm, at least 4 hours. Makes 10 servings.