A Norwegian treat made with brown sugar, pecans, and apricots
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 cup dried apricots
1 stick butter, room temp
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9X9-inch pan.
- In a saucepan, cover the apricots with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Cool, and cut into small pieces.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and flour. Blend together until crumbly. Press into the bottom of the pan. Bake crust for 10 – 12 minutes.
- While it bakes, beat the eggs and gradually add the brown sugar. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and vanilla, mixing well. Fold in the nuts and apricots.
- When crust is done, remove from oven and spread the topping over the crust. Return to the oven and bake about 30 more minutes.
- Cool, and cut into squares. Sift confectioner’s sugar over the bars.