Chocolate cake with nuts and marshmallows, iced with homemade chocolate frosting.
-By Julie (Peterson) Strommen
4 semi-sweet chocolate squares (or less)
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cups Crisco
1 ½ cups flour (plain)
1 bag small marshmallows
½ to ¾ box powdered sugar
pinch of salt
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
¾ stick margarine, melted (if not spreadable, add a little milk)
- Melt chocolate and Crisco.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar. Beat in chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Then mix into the main bowl.
- Add nuts and vanilla.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While hot, spread 1 bag of small marshmallows over cake.
- Mix all icing ingredients together. Pour over the top of the marshmallows. Let cool.