Strawberry and Rhubarb filling over an oat crust with a drizzle of frosting over the top.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
1 ½ cups fresh or frozen unsweetened rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
1 Tbsp lemon juice
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¾ cup powdered sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk
- Combine rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in 2-quart saucepan. Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit is tender (8 to 12 minutes).
- Combine ½ cup sugar and cornstarch in small bowl. Stir into fruit mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (about 1 minute). Continue boiling until thickened (1 minutes). Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all crust ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 1 ½ cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Spread filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine all drizzle ingredients in small bowl. Drizzle over cooled bars. Cut into bars.