Decorative pressed cookies sprinkled with colored sugar that our family traditionally makes for Christmas treats.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 400°F. Combine all ingredients except flour in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; add flour. Beat until well mixed. (If dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate, 30 to 45 minutes.)
- Place dough into cookie press fitted with template. Form desired shapes, 1 inch apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Decorate with colored sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Makes 50 cookies.