Pumpkin bars topped with cream cheese frosting. This will make your home smell like Fall.
-By Carrie (Strommen) Lennie
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 tsp baking soda
Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 3-oz pkg cream cheese, softened
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 9X13 pans.
- Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.
- To make the frosting: Combine the cream cheese and butter in medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the vanilla. Slowly beat in the confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Spread on the cooled pumpkin base and cut into bars.