A red Jell-O dessert shaped like a tree and decorated with peppermints, marshmallows, and Cool Whip topping.
-By Christine (Salzer) Strommen
12 peppermint candies (or two 7-inch candy canes)
2 cups water
2 3-oz pkgs or 1 6-oz pkg any red gelatin
1 1/2 cups cold water
11 miniature marshmallows
2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
Additional candies and Cool Whip for decorating
- Place candies and 2 cups of water in saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer gently, stirring occasionally until candy melts completely.
- Add to gelatin in bowl and stir until dissolved. Add cold water; chill until slightly thickened.
- Arrange marshmallows in mold. Gently spoon 2 1/2 cups of the thickened gelatin into mold.
- Blend whipped topping into remaining gelatin; spoon into mold. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Unmold and garnish with additional whipped topping and candies if desired. Makes 10 servings.